Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Sometimes You Just Need To Stop And Listen

Are you the planner type? You know the ones..calendar in hand, pen behind the ear. They have their days planned out months in advance, list of to do's and a sense of accomplishment. Now don't take this the wrong way my lovelies.Of course it's important for us to have our life in some sort of order, right?? If not we would all be "hot messes." After all, we have appointments that need to be scheduled, deadlines to meet, kids to pick up, groceries to buy, phone calls to make. Alright, you get my point! I, myself am a planner. In fact I have two daily planners! Because life can be pretty busy....(I need a nap just thinking about it) But what happens when God comes along and erases some of our plans and begins to write His own on the pages. We may begin to panic and even sweat a little. We may find that we lose some of our control, which may make us simply uncomfortable.

Well, right now, God is writing his plans on the lines of my calendar and some of those plans make me extremely uncomfortable. Some days seem a lot harder to wait and listen, however I have come to realize that this is quite common when you are moving through life with God. I must admit I am not one who waits easily. Sitting still can be rather difficult especially when my mind is racing with thoughts and new ideas and I glance down at my calendar to see a week full of activities. Most of the time I am out of the gate before the whistle blows. Full steam ahead! Surely God knows this about His daughter and can understand why this can be so difficult for me after all this is how he fashioned me.....creative, always planning and ready to take on the world! A true visionary with big plans and God size dreams!

Waiting can seem like a life time. We can become frustrated and weary waiting on direction. "God, I need a plan!" Now becomes the cry of your heart. Little do we know, in that very moment that behind the scene God is putting things in motion, his way. The only way he can! In the midst of some of my temper tantrums (yes, I have had quite a few of those on occasions. I knew that's hard for y'all to imagine but it's true..hahaha) God quiets my soul and my thoughts so that He can speak deeper to my heart. And clear a path for rest and stillness.

You see girls, we don't have to have it all figured out, hour by hour. Stressing, worrying and fearing...all these emotions will just create an atmosphere of chaos and a sense of being overwhelmed with life. But if we listen and wait on the direction of our Father, in our time of waiting, we develop the art of patience, trust and rest. Our Father knows all things and is constantly working them together for our good and knitting every detail into place. I am so grateful for these times of stillness in my life. Even though I may fight it in the beginning. It is so worth it in the end!
So put down your "To Do" list and let God write out your plans today!

We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. Proverbs 16:9

I also just love this scripture in Psalms.

I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart. Psalm 40:8 

Love,
Tina





No comments:

Post a Comment