Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Speak with Splendor

Words of wisdom, words of love, words of encouragement to fill them up.
Words can hurt and humiliate. Words can crush and even break.
A soul, spirit and human race. Careful beloved with the words you choose.
Words spoken should be few....Love thy neighbor above all else.
Words are loving, kind and just.
Words of caring are a must.
Seek the Lord for His ways. Patient, meek and self-control.
Lives that reflect this, words will say!

I absolutely LOVE words! I will spend hours looking up new ones and their definitions. Ohhhhh...how I love the synonyms of words!
What I love most about words are that we use them to communicate with people everyday. Our words are a true reflection of our deepest beliefs, convictions and emotions. Words can tell our story! They have the power to create life or bring death depending on how we choose to use them.  We can encourage, enlighten, empower and educate. Words have that much power! However words can also have an opposite effect. They can be used to damage someone. The old saying, " Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" couldn't be farther from the truth. Words can cut deeply and leave lasting wounds upon a person's heart. Wounding words can come from people we hardly know and from ones we love. Words can leave us feeling insecure about ourselves.
As I have ministered with several women over the years I have witnessed the effect of hurtful words spoken over a person's life. In more ways than one the use of destructive words has left painfully lasting marks. Some of those precious gals have dealt with drug, alcohol and sexual abuse to cope with the ways they feel about themselves. Others have created a wall around their hearts to keep everyone out," pretending all is good" all the while keeping themselves totally guarded from letting themselves out. I can relate to this myself as I am sure many of you reading this can as well in some degree. Women seem to deal with this more often than men. The Bible tells us that there is death and life in the power of our tongue. Proverbs 18:21
So many choose to use their words to destroy. It's heartbreaking and destructive!
Our words are meant to bring life. They are used to express ourselves to others. Words are amazingly beautiful when shared with the people around us. Without the use of words we would be silent and alone.
 I would like to share these quote I came across this morning. 
If the words you spoke appeared on your skin, would you still be beautiful?
Ouch!!!!!...ponder on that a few minutes, my sweet friends. The Lord hears every word we speak even when others don't. I am guilty of speaking words to my loved ones that have been hurtful and has left me feeling horrible. I want my words to produce life and bring hope to everyone around me especially the ones I love so dearly. Every time I put my words together is an opportunity to make something beautiful!
So today my dear ones I will choose my words wisely and bring about life to those I encounter!

Real wisdom, God's wisdom, begins with a holy life and is characterized by getting along with others. It is gentle and reasonable, overflowing with mercy and blessings, not hot one day and cold the next, not two-faced. You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other. treating each other with dignity and honor. James 3:17-18

Love,
Tina





 

No comments:

Post a Comment